Top advantages to starting a business in
the Beausejour – Brokenhead region
A productive, well educated and multilingual labour force that consistently generates an unemployment rate
among the lowest in Canada, and the highest overall labour force participation rate in Canada.
- A favourable business environment, including competitive offi ce and land costs, reasonable construction rates and affordable taxes – a signifi cant advantage over other possible sites in comparative business costs (KPMG study); low employee turnover; published electricity rates that are among North America’s lowest through highly reliable renewable and environmentally desirable hydroelectricity; advanced and extensive electronic connectivity, including over 75,000 strand kilometers of fi bre-optic cable and a high-speed, highdensitybroadband infrastructure.
- A supportive capital investment information network for new expanding business, including Manitoba Business Gateways and Centre Port Canada, among others. A “business friendly” attitude at all levels of government.
- One of the best research and development climates in Canada – an extensive network of R & D facilities and communication infrastructure supporting innovation and productivity.
- A diverse, modern economy with leading edge transportation and communication networks.
- A convenient mid-continent location with cost-effective transportation links and inter modal facilities providing shipping by road, rail, sea and air, enhanced by CentralPort Canada, the country’s fi rst foreign trade zone and inland port. A central time location is a major advantage for service-sector businesses. A strategic mid-continent location in the North American central zone that provides an open door to the United States.
- Favorable cost of living, including among the lowest utility costs in North America; affordable automobile insurance rates; reliable and accessible public services including quality universal public health care and education.
- Clean and uncongested communities; a strong background of caring, high level of charitable giving and volunteering; extensive cultural and artistic opportunities; and an unblemished natural environment – all of which contribute to an unsurpassed quality of life.
Source: Manitoba Innovation Framework